A major goal as scientific advisor here at the Rowland, is to be available for mentoring and assisting scientists not experienced in laboratory methodologies to become accomplished laboratory experimentalists. These interactions often involve conceptualization of design, and execution of experimental research projects that are scientifically relevant.
To help accomplish these goals, a variety of laboratory equipment is available for scientific pursuits here at the Rowland. These include general wet chemistry workspace for both chemistries and biology experiments, a clean room for microfluidic design and fabrication, a green house, and a cell culture room. Onsite equipment includes centrifuges, microscopies, mass spec, HPLC, NMR, and Electron Microscope facilities.
- E. Schonbrun, G Di Caprio and D. Schaak, “Dye exclusion cell volumetric imaging,” Opt. Exp., 21, 8793-8798 (2013).
- Gorthi SS, Schaak D, Schonbrun E. Fluorescence imaging of flowing cells using a temporally coded excitation. Opt Express 2013; 21(4):5164-70.
- G. Di Caprio, D. Schaak and E. Schonbrun, “Hyperspectral fluorescence microfluidic microscopy,” Biomed. Opt. Exp., 4, 1486-1493 (2013). 28.
- Schonbrun E, Gorthi SS, Schaak D. Microfabricated multiple field of view imaging flow cytometry. Lab Chip 2012;12(2):268-73
- K. Halvorsen, D. Schaak, and W.P. Wong, (2011), Nanoengineering a single-molecule mechanical switch using DNA self-assembly, Nanotechnology 22 (49):494005 (2011)
- Schaak, DL (2004). Toxin-Phage Bacteriocide Antibiotic and Uses Thereof. US Patent #6,759,229 B2; July 6, 2004.
- Schaak, DL (1998). Development and Characterization of a Peptide Model System to Study Omega Loops. PhD dissertation. University at Albany, SUNY.
- Fetrow, JS; Dreher, U; Wiland, DJ; Schaak, DL; & Boose, TL (1998). Mutagenesis of histidine 26 demonstrates the importance of loop-loop and loop-protein interactions for the function of iso-1-cytochrome c. Protein Science 7(4):994-1005; April 1998.
- Fetrow, JS; Horner, SR; Oehrl, W; Schaak, DL; Boose, TL; & Burton, RE (1997). Analysis of the structure and stability of omega loop A replacements in yeast iso-1-cytochrome c. Protein Science 6(1):197-210; January 1997.
100 Edwin H. Land Blvd.
Cambridge, MA 02142