Director of Electronics and Engineering
Rowland Institute at Harvard
100 Edwin H. Land Blvd.
Cambridge, MA 02142
Website: Electronics Engineering Laboratory
As the Director of Electronics Engineering at the Rowland Institute, Win oversees a fully appointed electronics engineering laboratory with a dedicated staff and three instrumentation benches (including one for use by other Institute members), an extensive suite of electronic test and measurement instrumentation, and a substantial inventory of electronic parts, e.g., including about 850 different types of ICs. The Electronics Engineering Lab designs and fabricates most of the critical electronic instrumentation found throughout the Institute.
- Horowitz, P.; Hill, W., “The Art of Electronics,” 3rd ed., Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Saar, Brian G.; Holtom, Gary R.; Freudiger, Christian W.; Ackermann, Chrisita; Hill, Winfield; Xie, X. Sunney, “Intracavity wavelength modulation of an optical parametric oscillator for coherent Raman microscopy”Optics Express, vol. 17, issue 15, p. 12532 (2009)
- Ghosh A. , W. Hill, and P. Fischer, “Observation of the Faraday effect via beam deflection in a longitudinal magnetic field”, Phys. Rev. A, 76, (2007), 055402.
- Chase, A.; Hill, W., “Reliable operant apparatus for fish: audio stimulus generator, response button, & pellet-dispensing nipple”. Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, & Computers, 31(3):470-478, 1999
- Pollack, S.; Cameron, D.; Rokni, M.; Hill, W.; Parks, J.H., “Charge-Exchange and Cluster Formation in an rf Paul Trap: Interaction of Alkali Atoms with C60+,” Chemical Physics Letters, 256, 101-108, (1996).
- Parks, J.H.; Pollack, S.; Hill, W., “Cluster Experiments in Radio Frequency Paul Traps: Collisional Relaxation and Dissociation,” J. Chem. Phys., 101, 6333-6685, (1994).
- Adams, C.E., Jr.; Hill, W.; Fredericks, R., “BLIPS: A System for Studying Benthic Boundary Layer Dynamics,”J. Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, 7, 774-780, (1990).
- Horowitz, P.; Hill, W., “The Art of Electronics,” 2nd ed., Cambridge University Press, 1989. (also published in German, French, Russian, Dutch, Indonesian, Polish and Chinese).
- Winfield Hill, Gerald Chaplin, and David Nergaard, “Deep-Ocean Tests of an Acoustic Modem Insensitive to Multipath Distortion,” Proceedings of the IEEE/MTS Conference, Oceans '88, p 275-282. (1988)